Kindergarten English Homeroom Teacher (CHINA)
In order to teach at Xing Kong Starry Sky Kindergarten in Kunshan, China, English teachers are required to have:
- TEFL OR TESOL AND 24 months of English teaching experience; OR
- State Teaching Credential
- 1-year contract
- Monthly salary of 18,000 RMB.
- If a teacher stays for an optional second year, the monthly salary is 20,000 RMB.
- Summer pay is provided at 50% salary with full vacation or 100% salary with 1⁄3 vacation.
- School housing (a single apartment or room in a shared apartment) or 3300 RMB/month stipend is provided in the first year of service.
- Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- To offset the cost of transportation to Asia, 4500 RMB is provided as additional salary twice per year (once at the beginning of each semester) for a total of 9000 RMB travel stipend.
- Teacher does not need to provide any proof of travel. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- Approximately 3 hours per day of direct instruction as lead-teacher of K1 (preschool), K2 (pre-K) and/or K3 (kindergarten) classes OR a floater position and small-group specialist supporting groups of students in other teachers’ classes, subbing for other teachers and splitting their classes 50⁄50.
- On campus daily for the entirety of school day (7:50am to 4:10pm). Time while on campus but not performing direct teaching should be spent in the classroom so as to be available for informal discussions with students. Teacher lunch and student nap time are exempt from this requirement.
- Submit lesson plans when requested.
- Attend all required meetings during school hours and weekend commitments such as teacher/parent meetings and other special events.
- Correct all applicable student work in a timely manner, record oral readings for periodical exams.
- Assist in applicable English language events and competitions during the school day.
- Adhere to school-determined lesson pace of special content relevant to periodical exams.
- Must be able to provide a demo video (10+ minutes) and/or perform a teaching demo live over video teleconferencing, in person in Kunshan, Taipei, Los Angeles or Portland (OR).
- Must be able to interview either over video teleconferencing or in Shanghai, Taipei or Los Angeles.
- Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references.
- No knowledge of Mandarin is necessary.
- National health insurance provided via the acquisition of work visa and residency permit.
- School will assist with visa/permit applications.