Distance Learning Teacher & Curriculum Developer
Distance Learning teachers in Los Angeles, CA. Teachers must be credentialed and available to teach from Downtown Los Angeles. Part-time positions only.
- $40/hr for teaching; $20/hr for planning
- Deliver content-based, student-centered English instruction to 5th to 8th-grade students in Taipei, Taiwan via video teleconferencing from our office in Downtown LA.
- Weekly lesson writing and/or administrative tasks (it’s a small staff and a startup, so we have constantly evolving needs).
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Correct all applicable student work in a timely manner.
- Occasional travel to Asia.
- Proof of US teaching credential (multi-subject or ESL elementary and/or junior high or high school humanities).
- Interest in educational technology and the prospect of working in an entrepreneurial, startup atmosphere.
- Strong writing skills for lesson planning.
- Avid user of technology in and out of the classroom.
- Solid classroom management skills and animated, engaging teaching style.
- Subscribe to the philosophy of progressive education while acknowledging the necessity of standardized student achievement.
- Availability for flexible working hours (4 nights per week and occasional weekends).
- Master’s Degree and/or 3+ years experience and/or degree(s) from elite institutions preferred.
- Classes take place Monday through Thursday evenings, 4pm to 9:15pm.
- We operate mostly on the Taiwanese school calendar, so some US holidays (especially Mondays) are required workdays.
- The Taiwanese calendar has a monthlong break for Chinese New Year and two months break over summer vacation.